First shot at making a trifle turned out ok, and was super easy to make so I’ve since made heaps of mini ones in small parfait or cocktail glasses.Needs 2 x packets of Raspberry Jelly (or Agar for Vego), made, set & diced 1in squares 1 Jam Roll, sliced (home-made or bought- doesn’t matter) 2-3 cups of thickened custard (as above) 1/2 cup of pineapple juice or sherry 4 cups of strawberries, sliced or halved (1 cup may disappear during construction 🙂 ) 1-2 cups of raspberries 1 punnet of blueberries or boysenberries 1 large bottle of cream (whipped with 1/2 cup caster sugar & 1 tsp vanilla essence) A good dose of Jim Morrison/The Doors playing in the background Deeds
1. Crank the tunes & pour Pineapple Juice (or Sherry) on Jam Roll slices
2. Line a clear bowl with the soaked Jam Roll slices, and the top edge with sliced strawberries.
3. Place 1/2 cup of custard on the bottom.
4. Layer with 1in Jelly, then Berries, then Cream, more Custard and continue until the top layer.
5. Put the rest of the cream on the top, then any remaining berries.
6. Refrigerate till needed, and dance around while eating the leftover cream, berries, custard, & jam rolls. Dancing negates any calories eaten (fact!).